Maybe you really love the smell and taste of coffee, or tea. Maybe the caffeine helps you stay awake to study or prepare your strategy for a long day at work. Either way, there’s something satisfying about drinking from a quality ceramic mug.
That’s why we select only the highest quality handmade mugs from producers that use quality ingredients.Our selection of handmade coffee mugs are crafted by artisans who believe that the small details make all of the difference.
But What Makes A Quality Mug? We’re Here To Help
There are 3 common materials that are used for quality mugs and each has its benefits and weaknesses.
Stoneware is fired at a high temperature, generally around 2370 °F. This causes the clay to vitrify turning it into a material that resembles glass and making the product impervious to liquids, even before a glaze is applied.
- Stoneware is much stronger and more resistant to chipping.
- The strength also allows for thicker mug walls that will keep your coffee hotter longer.
- Since stoneware is impervious to liquids it's naturally stain resistant and easier to clean.
Ceramic mugs are the most common type of coffee mug. You probably own one or two somewhere in your kitchen right now.Ceramic mugs are made from a mixture of clay powder, feldspar, and water that is first molded into its desired shape then heated in a kiln at temperatures between 2305℉ to 2336℉. Ceramic mugs are usually covered in waterproof decorative glazes and then fired one last time to complete the finish.
- Ceramic mugs are recyclable, economical, and they are non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
- While less expensive than Stoneware or Porcelain, Ceramic mugs can last for a long time with good care.
- Ceramic mugs are the most flavor neutral and do not hold on to flavors from other drinks.
Though definitions vary, porcelain can be divided into three main categories: hard-paste, soft-paste and bone china.
The category that a mug belongs to depends on the composition of the paste used to make the mug. Porcelain is generally composed of kaolin, feldspathic material and quartz, with kaolin being primary component. The clay is then fired at temperatures between 2381℉ and 2455℉.
- The smooth glaze finish provides a rich, satin-like luster.
- While considered more fragile than Stoneware or Ceramic Porcelain is still chip and scratch resistant making it great for everyday use.
- Distributes and maintains heat evenly making it a great vessel for hot beverages.
Luv Muggs has curated a collection of quality ceramic mugs that are handmade using the finest materials and glazes worthy of your precious drinks.
3 Things To Consider When Choosing A Mug
Good ceramic products require a high level of care throughout the production process. As a natural material, ceramics are delicate, and all production must be handcrafted.Most shoppers usually consider two main factors when determining whether or not a ceramic mug will end up in their shopping cart: How well it'll hold up to wear and tear? (and therefore how long it will last), and its aesthetic appearance (how good it will match their decor).
While these factors are important its necessary to look a little deeper in order make sure you end up with a quality mug.
These 3 Elements Are The Most Reliable When Deciding Whether Or Not The Mug You're Choosing Is High Quality:
- The production process: Is it handcrafted? If not, who's producing it and where?
We're committed to providing you with the highest quality products because we believe in the power of ritual. Our ceramic mugs are handcrafted in small batches, so that each item has its own unique character.
- The material: What kind of clay is used? What kind of glaze is used? Are they lead-free?
- The temperature: Is the mug dishwasher-safe? What temperature can it withstand before becoming damaged from heat? Can I microwave it?
Overall, you shouldn't be afraid to spend a little extra to get a quality ceramic mug. If you want a mug made of durable materials that will stand up to daily use and you care about the flavor of your favorite beverage, a quality ceramic mug is your perfect companion!When you order from us, you're guaranteed to receive a great ceramic mug that can survive daily use and provide you with sipping pleasure for as long as you use it. Our mugs will last through lots and lots of dishwasher and microwave cycles and you'll enjoy drinking your favorite beverages from your new mug for years to come!
Also remember that buying a quality ceramic mug means that your purchase will ultimately help to reduce waste in landfills from disposable cups.